Underwood & Rosenblum, Inc. is dedicated to community service. Our commitment is illustrated by the types of work we do and the company's annual pro bono/volunteer activities:
- Established the "9-Step School Traffic Safety Solution". It includes input from school administrators, city officials and parents in the planning process.
- Performed civil engineering and surveying services for community recreational facilities. An ice-skating center and public tennis courts are good examples.
In addition, each year U&R staff volunteer on special projects. We provide pro bono civil engineering and surveying services on a combination of the company's payroll and employee's own time. Examples include:
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park — U&R surveyed and created digital maps of culverts leading to a steelhead trout spawning bed, helping to save the threatened species.
- Angel Island, a California State Park — U&R surveyed a portion of the road encircling the island, which recent landslides had threatened.
- Cadence Tutoring Center at Dorsa School — U&R acted as project managers, designers and construction managers for an elementary school tutoring center facility in Alum Rock School District in San Jose. The construction cost was privately funded by Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park — U&R prepared a topographic survey of a proposed site for a new visitor's center at the south entrance to the park.
- Yosemite National Park, Indian Cultural Center — U&R surveyed the site for rebuilding an Indian sweat lodge, plus areas reserved for traditional dancing and community buildings.
- Yosemite National Park, Cook's Meadow — U&R prepared a topographic survey of Cook's Meadow in Yosemite Valley to be used by the park staff for planning meadow restoration projects.
- Yosemite National Park, Bridalveil Falls — U&R prepared a topographic survey and trail slope analysis of the paved trail leading to the base of Bridalveil Falls. This survey will be used by park staff for planning wheelchair accessibility improvement.